Re: How to submit patches?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: How to submit patches?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:11:14 -0500

On Sunday, 12 November, Dave Korn (address@hidden) wrote:

> It isn't clear (from the text of README.cvs and README.template) what's the
> preferred method for submitting patches for inclusion in cvs.  Should I
> leave it in the patch manager on savannah - which looks kinda under-used,
> some of the entries being several years old, making me wonder if it's more
> of a contribs/ folder than a patch queue for HEAD - or should I post to the
> bug-make list, even though it's a new feature, not a bug?  Or something
> else?

Either of those is fine.  I've taken patches from the Savannah patch manager.
The patches that are there are ones that I've decided not to apply for some
reason.  Some of them are changes that I want to make in other ways, some are
things I'm not sure should be changed, and some are things I'm waiting for the
codebase to settle down before applying.

Bug fixes are applied right away.  New features are considered carefully
before being applied.  If you want to discuss a new feature please do so here
or on address@hidden

Cheers!