RE: How to submit patches?

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: How to submit patches?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:37:10 -0000

On 12 November 2006 22:11, Paul D. Smith wrote:

> Either of those is fine.  I've taken patches from the Savannah patch
> manager. The patches that are there are ones that I've decided not to apply
> for some reason.  Some of them are changes that I want to make in other
> ways, some are things I'm not sure should be changed, and some are things
> I'm waiting for the codebase to settle down before applying.

  Do any of these apply to the patch for upper/lower-casing strings?

> Bug fixes are applied right away.  New features are considered carefully
> before being applied.  If you want to discuss a new feature please do so
> here or on address@hidden

  :)  How about adding functions to upper/lower-case a string?

http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=11175

2006-11-12  Dave Korn  <address@hidden>

        * function.c (func_upper, func_lower):  New string functions.
        (function_table_init):  Add them to function table.
        * doc/make.texi:  Document new $(upper ...) and $(lower ...).
        * tests/scripts/functions/charcase:  New testcase for $(upper ...)
        and $(lower ...).

    cheers,
      DaveK