Re: dependencies in other folders

From: Eduardo Suárez
Subject: Re: dependencies in other folders
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:59:55 +0100

Philip Guenther wrote:
It would help if you actually explained why your existing makefile is
doing those copies.  What are the targets and command with which those
local copies are used?
Copying was just an example for using the same extension. What I am actually doing is image processing with image magick and other software. I have tiff files in one folder that I want to, for example, turn into grayscale into another folder. That was where I started to realize the problems with the extensions. These targets are then used for further processing, e.g. add a watermark to another folder. I think 'make' is the tool for these kind of operations.

-Eduardo