[Help-smalltalk] Status update

From: Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Status update
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:35:06 +0200

I have made some progress with the NetworkClients stuff.  The code cleanup
is complete, the only parts still to be tested are NNTP.st and
URIResolver.st; IMAP passes its test suite though I don't really believe
that's enough to have it talk to a real server -- however, once I go through
the remaining two files, it will be enough for 2.0.

Also in the networking area, I have recently refactored the TCP stuff to be
more easily extendable to IPv6, and tested UDP support more thoroughly.

I think that pre-releases of GNU Smalltalk v.2.0 will be ready in 10 days,
so that I am able to release the real 2.0 by the end of June (the release
candidate tarballs will only be published to be sure there are no packaging
problems, e.g. for Brett's Debian package).