Re: Basic Questions

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Basic Questions
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 09:36:33 +0100 (CET)

Can you run a "dpkg -L" to list the files in the gst Ubuntu package ?

Perhaps you can check on your installation whether the gst-mode.el is included ?
Or smalltalk-mode.el ?

>From looking at the source code of GST 3.2.91,
which can be downloaded from https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/

It includes what I believe are GNU emacs files

gst-mode.el.in
smalltalk-mode.el
smalltalk-mode-init.el.in

When looking at the contents of those files:

For example the top of gst-mode.el.in says:

;;; Incorporates Frank Caggiano's changes for Emacs 19.
;;; Updates and changes for Emacs 20 and 21 by David Forster

David Stes