Re: Network Communications Information Missing From Docs

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Network Communications Information Missing From Docs
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 20:44:36 +0100 (CET)

I posted a small TCP (and I suspect UDP) example a while ago, that works for me.

Assuming that the old 'legacy' daytime stream server runs on tcp port 13 (as an
example).

$ gst daytime.st
'Sat Jun  6 10:30:16 2020'

As Derek indicated last june, the key issue is the namespace support.

The class below is Sockets.Socket where Sockets. is the package name and Socket
the class name:

$ cat daytime.st

Eval [

PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Sockets'.

s _ Sockets.Socket remote:(Sockets.SocketAddress createLoopbackHost) port:13.
(s upTo: Character cr) printNl.
s close.

]