Re: Network Communications Information Missing From Docs

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Network Communications Information Missing From Docs
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 16:27:27 +0100 (CET)

I'm not knowledgeable enough but I would be inclined to have a new 3.2.6
version,
with as little major changes as possible but still with useful fixes.

Basically for me on Solaris,  the 3.2.5 and the 3.2.91 work.

I've compiled with some GCC versions like gcc 7 and gcc 9 and gcc 10.

But I worry about the NEWS file which says that all socket code is going to be
rewritten.

Obviously I don't want that.   I mean, it could be useful to have a new
implementation,
but at the same time it is important to maintain the old code.

So it would be nice if a new 3.2.6 release were to be made.

Optionally with also in parallel a new 3.3 release perhaps with more
significant changes.

Is the current 3.2.91 close to what 3.3 is possibly intented to be ?

Or is the current 3.2.91 more like a 3.2.6 release which is still very
different from what 3.3 would be ?

Anyway I think GNU smalltalk is a nice package, and
I'd like to express thanks for all of the work that is being done on it,
by the GNU smalltalk team ...

Regards,
David Stes