Processes

From: Gary Highberger
Subject: Processes
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 21:53:43 -0500

Hi Help-Smalltalk,

If processes aren't supported in 3.2.5 then read no further :-)

Forks or Delays might be broken in 3.2.5. I totally hope I'm wrong or that
there's a clean workaround.

For what I can tell, Forked* infinite loop processes containing a Delay
won't run.*

Links to two Smalltalk programs based on an infinite loop, Delay, fork,
example from the Bluebook follow:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs4iobnhh6vzmc4/tst.st?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zybbef44e45w3c/tstX.st?dl=0

At the Linux prompt enter gst tst.st to observe desired behavior.

At the Linux prompt enter gst tstX.st to see the failed fork behavior.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Gary Highberger