help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] User data directory

From: Dario Teixeira
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] User data directory
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:29:46 -0700

Hi,

> You can use the --data command line argument if I understand correctly the

> question..
> If you only use the library then you need to set up the corresponding
> argument
> when you initialize the library

Thanks for the reply.  If I understood the --data argument correctly, it allows
the specification of the data directory.  However, what I wanted was to specify
a secondary data directory to be searched in addition to the main system one.
This allows, for instance, a user data directory to coexist with the system one
(usually /usr/share/source-highlight).

In the meantime I'm trying a different approach: when creating a new
SourceHighlight
object, I'm passing the fully qualified path to the outlang.  For instance:

  hiliter = new SourceHighlight ("/full/path/to/sexp.outlang");

If I understood the docs correctly, this should also work (I'll be trying it
now).

Best regards,
Dario Teixeira