help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] User data directory

From: Dario Teixeira
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] User data directory
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 01:39:03 -0700

Hi,

> Mh... are you referring to this sentence?

> "if the source-highlight command is specified with an explicit path
> name, the installation directory name is still used, but relative to the
> explicit path name."
>
> This does not contradict what I said... it means that if you invoke the
> binary with a full path, e.g., /home/foo/bin/source-highlight, then the
> installation directory name...
>
> is that what you were referring to?

Yes, that particular paragraph and the ones preceding it.  Note that
it says that the installation directory name is still used, but
*relative* to the explicit path name.  What I need is for the installation
directory name to still be used, *in addition* to the explicit path name.

Anyway, without looking at the code, anyone reading the docs would assume
that a datadir specification overrides the installation directory.  If that
is not the case, I reckon that it's worth clarifying this part of the manual...

Thanks for your continuing patience...
Best regards,
Dario Teixeira