help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] User data directory

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] User data directory
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 08:43:35 +0200

On 15/08/2014 20:08, Dario Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> The strategy for searching for data files starts with the directory
>> specified
>
>> explicitly and then falls back to the default one so this is what you need
>> isn't it?
>
> If that were the case, then yes.  However, the documentation contradicts this:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/source-highlight.html#Configuration-files
>
> Are the docs out of date?

Mh... are you referring to this sentence?

"if the source-highlight command is specified with an explicit path
name, the installation directory name is still used, but relative to the
explicit path name."

This does not contradict what I said... it means that if you invoke the
binary with a full path, e.g., /home/foo/bin/source-highlight, then the
installation directory name...

is that what you were referring to?

cheers
        Lorenzo