Re: [help-texinfo] hyphenation with texinfo

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] hyphenation with texinfo
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:40:14 +0100

 Hello,
    I attached my tex.log included in /var/lib/texmf/web2c.
This file contains the flollowing definition:
     address@hidden

If I type tex document.texinfo, Italian hyphenation automagically works fine!!!
If I use texi2dvi document.texinfo, hyphenation works in English.

Then I could use tex/texindex commands instead of texi2dvi script as described
in texinfo manual
at 20.2 paragraph. I can format the Texinfo file using the five steps process
based on
1) tex document.texinfo
2) texindex document.cp document.pg
3) tex document.texinfo
4) texindex document.cp document.pg
5) tex document.info

Regards,
    tullio

>     And I ran tex story.
>
> Please look at the tex.log file, probably in /var/lib/texmf/web2c, which
> got written when tex.fmt was rebuilt.  Did Italian hyphenation patterns
> (among others) get loaded?  Please send me that file.
>
>     /root/docs/document.texinfo:1: Undefined control sequence
<----------- ?????
>     /root/docs/document.texinfo:1: Missing number, treated as zero
<----------- ?????

> If you run simply "tex document.texinfo" instead of texi2dvi, you'll get
> error messages with more information.  In this case, I surmise that
> address@hidden is not defined, either because your version of Babel does
> something different than mine, or because the hyphenation patterns did
> not get loaded.  tex.log should tell us the story.
>
>     I can't see any reference to "Figure"
>
> "Figure" is not hardwired in Texinfo.  If you use
> @float Figura
> (or whatever it should be), then you should get captions with "Figura".
>
> If this isn't the case, send the input file so I can understand the
> situation ...
>
> Regards,
> karl

Regala e regalati Libero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis, navighi veloce e scarichi a 1.2
Mega.
Abbonati subito senza costi di attivazione su http://www.libero.it