Re: [help-texinfo] PGP signature on the texinfo-6.0.tar.xz file

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] PGP signature on the texinfo-6.0.tar.xz file
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 12:33:44 +0000

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2015-06/msg00052.html

> Thanks, normally it is difficult to find a canonical list of the
> maintainers' keys of the project, but I thought that savannah list
> is my best bet.

I don't know why you should trust my gpg key. The savannah list could
have have been compromised even if my key had been there. If it helps
at all, the ftp.gnu.org server wouldn't have allowed me to upload the
files if it hadn't had my gpg public key registered with it: of
course, there's a chance that ftp.gnu.org is compromised (or your
connection to it, etc.).