Re: [help-texinfo] PGP signature on the texinfo-6.0.tar.xz file

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] PGP signature on the texinfo-6.0.tar.xz file
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 19:29:18 -0500

Karl Berry wrote:

> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-keyring.gpg is somewhat closer to being
> official than savannah, although admittedly it is just a bare file with
> no interface.  But it contains, so far as I know, all the keys which are
> permitted to upload to (various directories of) ftp.gnu.org

Sadly, it's incomplete. Eg it's missing keys of several Emacs developers
with ftp upload privs, including me. This has been reported to Emacs as
a bug several times over, but of course we can do nothing about it.
We've forwarded the issue to address@hidden several times, but it remains
unfixed. So I assume whatever system updates that file has been busted for ages.

Ref http://debbugs.gnu.org/20788 and friends.