Re: [help-texinfo] (no subject)

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 20:48:32 +0100

On 4 October 2016 at 12:52, Takesi Ayanokoji <address@hidden> wrote:
> @setfilename ../../info/emacs-ja

This is wrong. It would be

@setfilename emacs-ja.info

I don't know why you would use a relative path here. I've never seen
that done before.

Alternatively, if you call the input file emacs-ja.texi instead of
emacs.texi, it should work the same.

> By the way, japanese translated texi can't converrt to pdf by using
> makeinfo nor texi2pdf.
> I generate translated pdf by bellow commands.
> $ TEX=ptex texi2dvi -c emacs.texi
> $ dvipdfmx emacs.dvi
> Here, ptex and dvipdfmx are distributed by TexLive packages.

This is not surprising. ptex is a different version of TeX. Japanese
Texinfo has also been successfully converted with two other programs
based on TeX, XeTeX and LuaTeX.

I'm copying in Masamichi Hosoda on this email, in case he isn't
subscribed to this mailing list. He did work on getting Japanese to
work with Texinfo, including with XeTeX and LuaTeX.