hurd-devel

Re: gnumach release

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: gnumach release
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:19:20 +0200

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:05:36PM +0200, Neal H Walfield wrote:
> > > This seems like a good time for a gnumach-1.3 release.  There have been
> > > numerous little bug fixes, driver updates, etc. since 1.2 over two years
> > > ago.
> >
> > Sounds good to me.
> >
> > Is there a good reason not to punt entirely in favor of oskit Mach?
>
> A variety of reasons.  To mention a few:  it is basically untested;
> there are a lot of bugs; there is no terminal support to speak of.

It doesn't work with a recent oskit.  This is a showstopper IMHO.
Among the normal reasons, it's unfeasible to include oskit-mach in Debian
before that works because we would have to fork off the old oskit version in a
seperate package as a build dependency.

Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org address@hidden