hurd-devel

Re: gnumach release

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: gnumach release
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:42:29 +0200

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 12:32:43AM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Marcus, can you make sure NEWS mentions all the changes you've made that
> aren't just bug fixes?

Done.

> Does anyone know of any pending short-term issues for the gnumach mainline?

I think that we should try to fix the support for a large amount of memory.
Somebody posted a work around today to debian-hurd, and as it is in the
Linux code, maybe it is not too difficult to find the real fix by looking at
some newer version of this Linux code.

I have made a huge progress with mach.texi, which is now 157kb large and
documents the IPC interface (messages, ports), the virtual memory interface,
the host interface and the in-kernel debugger.  That's about 50% of the
interfaces.  I could give it a priority and "finish" it within a week.
It is based on the manual pages, which have the same license as Mach.
I uploaded a copy of mach.texi, gpl.texinfo and version.texi to
http://people.debian.org/~brinkmd/mach
(also available as mach.tgz)

Please have a look and let me know if you think this should be in 1.3.
BTW, even if gnumach 1.3 is that last version of gnumach, this will serve as
a good base to document oskit-mach, as the interfaces are the same (just the
compilation etc would have to be rewritten).

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org address@hidden