Re: saving/archiving received messages (esp. emails)

From: Sven Hartenstein
Subject: Re: saving/archiving received messages (esp. emails)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:43 -0000

Hi,

thanks for your help, Reiner.

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:
> > (Question 1) how can I / do I want to save received mail in the same
> > file? More precisely: how do I do it without hitting B m and
> > selecting the nnfolder by hand? Am I right, that I want to "move",
> > not "save" the articles? Is this a bad idea and I should rather save
> > my messages in a different way for any reason? How do real gnusists
> > do it? :-)
> (info "(gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting")

Mmmh, I don't get it. As I understand it, mail splitting is normally
used to split the incoming mail to different groups. How do I use it to
save/move the (already received) articles, that I want to keep?

> > (Question 2) I would like to automatically delete all attachments
> > from articles both for sent ones and for those that I save/move as
> > mentioned above. How can I achieve this?
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Archived Messages") ]
> | `gnus-gcc-externalize-attachments'
> |      If `nil', attach files as normal parts in Gcc copies; if a regexp
> |      and matches the Gcc group name, attach files as external parts; if
> |      it is `all', attach local files as external parts; if it is other
> |      non-`nil', the behavior is the same as `all', but it may be
> |      changed in the future.
> `----

I will try this, though I don't understand what "attach local files as
external parts" means. However, this seems to deal only with mail that I
send, not with the one I received.

> > (Question 3) If I have (setq gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups ".*")
> > in my ~/.gnus, does this mean that archive groups and drafts will
> > expire as well? How should I change that? I would like archive and
> > draft groups to never expire, and all others to expire without
> > having to change my ~/.gnus whenever I have new groups.
> Find a regexp that doesn't match archive and drafts groups. ;-)

Ok.

Sven