Re: WinXP, IMAP, and SSL

From: Nick Hurley
Subject: Re: WinXP, IMAP, and SSL
Date: 27 Jul 2004 16:51:25 -0700

Thanks for all the help so far. I've changed my OpenSSL version to
0.9.6m and I'm getting farther than I was before. It gets past the

imap: Connecting to mail.cis.ohio-state.edu...done

message, and proceeds to the

nnimap: Checking mailbox INBOX.whatever

messages. This is all well and good. In fact, it works fine for my
second account listed in my first posting (todesschaf.org), and it
scans all my inboxen for the ohio-state.edu account *except*
INBOX.private. I admit that INBOX.private is rather large on the
ohio-state.edu account, but I've never had problems with it before. I
can use C-g to cancel that, and it then proceeds to say

nnimap: Listing subscribed mailboxes on {cis|todesschaf}...

but hangs there, as well. If I use C-g to cancel that, gnus gets stuck
at the startup screen and I end up just killing emacs. I've also
noticed that the

nnimap: Checking mailbox INBOX.whatever

takes a lot longer for all mailboxes under WinXP than it does under
*nix, but it seems to be just hanging on INBOX.private (I've checked
using tcpdump on my firewall... there's no network activity on the
imap ssl port after a while when it's checking cis:INBOX.private). I
tried copying my ~/News and ~/.newsrc.eld files from another machine
(which is setup exactly the same, except it's on Solaris) to see if
that would speed things up, and nothing changed. Any help on this
development would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Nick