Basic setup of Gnus for IMAP mail

From: Roger Levy
Subject: Basic setup of Gnus for IMAP mail
Date: 2 Nov 2004 10:30:15 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Gnus to work as an IMAP mail client at home, for
the mail server at my university.  I think I have the basic settings
right:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
 '((nnimap ""
           (nnimap-address "<myname>.pobox.<my-university>.edu")
           (nnimap-list-pattern "INBOX")
           (nnimap-stream ssl)
           (nnimap-server-port 993)))
)

but I can't find any nnimap groups to subscribe to.  (I've used nnml
as a back end for a while now, and have never had any problems.)  Any
suggestions?

thanks,

Roger