Re: pgg, gnupg, and PGP?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: pgg, gnupg, and PGP?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:09:35 +0100

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 03:01:41 GMT, Bill wrote:

> If so, how do I convince pgg to use "--force-v3-sigs", and how do I
> do that without messing up anything I'm already doing that's working
> with gnupg users?

Perhaps by modifying ~/.gnupg/options? I've got this in mine:

 # The next option is enabled because this one is needed for interoperation
 # with PGP 5 users.  To enable full OpenPGP compliance you have to remove
 # this option.

 force-v3-sigs

(I don't know for sure that it works, I don't think I've been emailing
with anybody using PGP; I've only been corresponding with GnuPG-users).

I haven't noticed any drawbacks by not having "full OpenPGP
compliance", but I haven't looked into the issue either, so YMMV.

  Best regards,

--
 "More than anything, I won't try"                            Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk