Re: Updates to nnweb?

From: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: Updates to nnweb?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 17:12:16 +0100

Neil Woods <cnw+usenet@pobox.com> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 31 2004, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
>> Hey ho.
>>
>> Since Google has made the big and ugly changes to its group interface,
>> nnweb is borked.  This is too bad, since I really liked it for
>> gnus-refer-article-method.
>>
>> Any chance this will be fixed soon?
>
> I hope so. However, it should be easy to fix oneself. Simply edit
> nnweb.el, replacing all instances of 'http://groups.google.com' with
> (eg) 'http://groups.google.co.uk'. The country specific google group
> searches still work the old way (though there is no guarantee that this
> will continue to work indefinitely, or even for much longer.)

Thanks.  That seems like a perfectly sensible hack, but it probably
won't work long.  I hope someone cleverer than I am fixes the
situation soon.

But Google mangles From: lines now.  That is awful.  Many times I
email people who post questions to help newsgroups to see if they've
come across answers to their old questions, and I don't want Google's
permission to do so.  Anyway, I wonder if From: mangling will cause
any issues for Gnus.

Google doesn't seem to be backing down on the issue.  I really might
just ask them to remove every post from me, since they seem intent on
editing my posts without my consent.

--
"It seems to me that some of you don't realize that [...] some day the
truth comes out.  It doesn't matter if you're dead.  I've made certain