Re: How to combine spam-split with Subject filtering.

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: How to combine spam-split with Subject filtering.
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:26:43 +0000

 Ar an triú lá déag de mí Eanair, scríobh Uwe Brauer:

 > So does isearch-forward-regexp behaves differently from
 > putting this string in a function which uses a regexp search???

Yes; if you think about it, when you put a string in a function, you need
to do string escaping for characters like \ and ", whereas for
isearch-forward-regexp there’s no need for the string escaping, because no
string literal is involved.

So typing M-C-s \[POSIBLE SPAM\] RET does the same regexp match as does M-:
(re-search-forward "\\[POSIBLE SPAM\\]" nil t) RET . Some variation on this
latter is better for building regexps you’re going to use in a program, in
my experience.

--
“Ah come on now Ted, a Volkswagen with a mind of its own, driving all over
the place and going mad, if that’s not scary I don’t know what is.”