Re: How to combine spam-split with Subject filtering.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: How to combine spam-split with Subject filtering.
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:04:47 +0100

    Aidan>  Ar an triú lá déag de mí Eanair, scríobh Uwe Brauer:

    >> So does isearch-forward-regexp behaves differently from
    >> putting this string in a function which uses a regexp search???

    Aidan> Yes;  if you think about  it,  when you put  a  string in a
    Aidan> function, you  need  to do  string escaping for  characters
    Aidan> like \ and ",  whereas for isearch-forward-regexp there’s
    Aidan> no need for the string escaping,  because no string literal
    Aidan> is involved.

    Aidan> So typing M-C-s  \[POSIBLE SPAM\] RET  does the same regexp
    Aidan> match  as does M-:  (re-search-forward "\\[POSIBLE SPAM\\]"
    Aidan> nil t)  RET . Some variation  on this latter  is better for
    Aidan> building regexps you’re going to use in  a program, in my
    Aidan> experience.
Ok, now doing
M-:  (re-search-forward "\\[POSIBLE SPAM\\]" nil t)
in a spam group which contains a message with this subject, finds this
message. However putting

   ("Subject" "\\[POSIBLE SPAM\\]" "SPAM.POSS")
into nnimap-split-fancy function, does not find this message that is
it is passed to the next entry the spam-split function.

I tried to run edebug on nnimap-split-fancy, but nothing useful came
out.

I am really puzzled, is there somewhere a bug?

Uwe