Re: How to combine spam-split with Subject filtering.

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: How to combine spam-split with Subject filtering.
Date: 14 Jan 2005 02:25:15 +0000

Someone referred to as: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
 has comitted the herein quoted text :

> Ok, now doing
> M-:  (re-search-forward "\\[POSIBLE SPAM\\]" nil t)
> in a spam group which contains a message with this subject, finds this
> message. However putting
>
>    ("Subject" "\\[POSIBLE SPAM\\]" "SPAM.POSS")
> into nnimap-split-fancy function, does not find this message that is
> it is passed to the next entry the spam-split function.
>
> I tried to run edebug on nnimap-split-fancy, but nothing useful came
> out.
>
> I am really puzzled, is there somewhere a bug?

Did you put your pre-filtered-by-others filter-rule _BEFORE_ any other
existing split and filter-rules ?
Because these are allready pre-filtered, and therefore can be
matched as positives by your own filter-rules before the object
reaches the "possible spam"-filter-rule.

Filter-rules are on a first-match in sequence basis ,
atleast they are here in nnml-split-method ca ... rules and
the Reg_Exp's therein etc.

To err in the sequence is relative easy and gives sometimes messy
results. ;-)

Cor

--
He who disregards the Only True Editor or the Documentation strays far indeed
       (defvar My-Computer '((OS . "GNU/Emacs") (IPL . "GNU/Linux")))