Re: One more authinfo file posting

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: One more authinfo file posting
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:27:31 +0100

Hi,

this is solved now.

I've got "port imap" in my ~/.authinfo now and no nnimap-server-port
in my gnus init file anymore.  Actually it seems as if _all_ my
settings there do not take place: when I go to the server buffer (^)
and open the mailserver (RET) I get all the public folders listed even
when setting (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX.*")).

I found it all by heavily including debug messages in
nnimap.el/nnimap-open-connection that printed all the variables
contents (list and port were very insightful ;-).

So two items remain:
1. Why are all my settings ignored?
2. Shouldn't all that be a little bit more transparent/verbose to the
   user.  I know that any user considering Gnus can be considered a
   professional, but this was a little too hard, er? ;-)

Ad 1.: Once again the relevant part of my settings:
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")
        (nnimap "mailserver"
                ;; somehow these settings don't show up?
                (nnimap-address "mailserver")
                (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.imap-othermailbox")
                (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX.*"))
                ;; hopefully this does ?!?!....
                (nnimap-expunge-on-close never)
                )))

Thanks and Regards
stefan

--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)