Re: Is the modern Internet destroying GNUS?

From: François Fleuret
Subject: Re: Is the modern Internet destroying GNUS?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:54:40 +0100

Good evening,

<ihate@spam.com> wrote on 17 Feb 2005 19:47:16 MET:

> Outlook and Lotus notes are destroying the web :(

Actually, I though that for a few years, say 1995-2000, but realized
after a while that despire the power of the dark side, I have no
problem so far using only gnus as a mail reader, and GNU/Linux as an
OS.

As someone pointed out here, since "people" knows what a mess is
associated to fancy-htmlized-multimedia mails most of them stick with
pure text, sometime with JPG attached, and once a month with some
crazy powerpoint or flash stuff, which can be politely ignored.

For spam I am behind a excellent spam filter (tailored version of
spamassassin if I got it correctly) and since it has been activated, I
saw the spam rate dropping from 150 spam per day to one per day. Too
bad for the false positives, havent noticed one yet.

So I have a far more positive feeling than 5 years ago. I am (almost)
convinced that I will not have to handle all this multi-media
annoyance for at least 10 more years.

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret