Re: Is the modern Internet destroying GNUS?

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: Is the modern Internet destroying GNUS?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:08:04 GMT

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

> Have you looked into using w3m?

I am using w3m to read just one Web site (www.mudcat.org), which has
the peculiarity that it contains no graphics and that most of its
links are to itself.  For that purpose, being able to read & post
within Emacs is a blessing, despite the clunkiness of the interface
(having to go to the minibuffer to fill in text, etc.).  For most of
the Web sites I read, however, I want to look at the pictures, and for
the time being there is no easy way to do that in w3m, tho I gather
that is being worked on.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Everybody is close to some edge.  :||