Re: posting to news.newsguy.com

From: Floyd L. Davidson
Subject: Re: posting to news.newsguy.com
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:03:09 -0900

Michael Powe <michael+gnus@trollope.org> wrote:

>Well, they "batch post" -- posts go out every 15 minutes.  So, there

Sure, but it appears they aren't necessarily posting the articles,
though they are propagating them to other servers.  The two articles
that I posted to newsguy never did show up on their server!  But
both of them showed up 20+ minutes later on supernews, so they are
being sent to other servers.

>is an annoying delay in there.  But I am able to post in here and in
>alt.test at the same time i can't post in the other newsgroup.  it's
>just weird.  Gnus acts like it's sending, an article ID is generated,
>but it's hung.  If i leave it long enough, the connection will close.

Hmmm...  I occasionally get that with supernews, though it hasn't
done if for a few days now.  I've usually killed the process, and
then waited awhile to see if anything showed up.  The problem is
that on a couple of occasions I've waited for an hour, and then
reposted only to have the original also show up awhile later too.

>Thanks.  I may have to give the isp connection another try.

I'm a bit torqued at my ISP for switching to supernews.  They were
using america.net, and I found it to be better than either supernews
or newsguy  (and I've been using newsguy since it was zippo.com, way
back when).

--
Floyd L. Davidson           <http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@barrow.com