Re: How To Start Fetchmail in Gnus Automatically?

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: How To Start Fetchmail in Gnus Automatically?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:28:07 -0500

"A. L." <bathing@gmail.com> writes:

> I am a newbie in Emacs and Gnus. I encounter some problems in using
> Gnus, so go to here for some help.
>
> The problem is that when pressing 'g' in Gnus I wish Gnus can
> automatically call Fetchmail in background to download mails from
> server, and thereafter Gnus can read them in spool.

The usual way to do that sort of thing is to have Gnus contact your
mail server directly, using a pop or imap mail-source.  You could
probably set up a pre-command on a file-based mail-source to run
fetchmail if you really wanted, though; C-h v mail-sources points at
(gnus)Mail Source Specifiers in the manual.

  --dzm