Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:54:22 +0100

 Ar an ceathrú lá déag de mí Márta, scríobh Aidan Kehoe:

 > Your other applications are using the Xft library, which Is And Ever Shall
 > Be better-looking than traditional server-side X11 fonts. There’s a CVS
 > branch of XEmacs that incorporates support for this library; I don’t
 > recommend using it, because it has yet to be released, but if you’re feeling
 > adventurous and don’t mind beta software THAT MAY CRASH, that is an
 > option.
 > http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=16866.35903.905008.699978%40parhasard.net
 > for some details on it.

Here’s what it looks like in Gnus:

http://www.parhasard.net/aidan-gnus-sjt-xft-2005-03-02.png

--
“I, for instance, am gung-ho about open source because my family is being
held hostage in Rob Malda’s basement. But who fact-checks me, or Enderle,