Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus

From: Frank Thieme
Subject: Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:44:44 +0000

On So 13 Mär 2005 15:22, Peter Petersen <ppetersen@despammed.com> writes:
> Is there anyone who uses that font in emacs and who uses it as a
> non-bold font?

Seems like you have the same problem as I have. I use the default fixed
font size 13 as I still haven't found any useful other font in the right
size. (I'm using 1024x768 on a 12 inch TFT).

Terminus looks great, but the newer size 12 is too small, and 14 is
somewhat big. And it is missing some chars which are there in fixed.

Some other fonts I tried are right in size, but doesn't look better than
fixed.

There must be some nice font (for programmers) out there ;)

Bye...Frank

--
Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
                -- Fletcher Knebel