Re: How to get new mail without leaving Summary buffer?

From: Anders Wirzenius
Subject: Re: How to get new mail without leaving Summary buffer?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:21:42 GMT

steinab@ifi.uio.no (Steinar Børmer) writes:

> napofrog wrote:
>
> | While in a summary buffer, I'm trying to get new mail into it without
> | exiting the summary buffer.  I was under the impression that this is
> | what '/ N' is for.  But whether or not I have gotten new mail from the
> | server with 'g' in the Group buffer, the only thing that '/ N' ever
> | does for me is to remove everything from the current summary buffer
> | except for the message that the cursor is currently on.  What should I
> | be doing instead?
>
> Actually, I think you might be doing `/ n' instead of `/ N'.  That gives
> your described behavior.
>
> --
> SB

That is exactly what I am doing, too, namely `/ n'.

If I hit "c-x / N" I get:

<help buffer>
/ n runs the command gnus-summary-limit-to-articles
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'.
(gnus-summary-limit-to-articles N)

Limit the summary buffer to the next N articles.
If not given a prefix, use the process marked articles instead.
</help buffer>

Gnus v5.9.0
GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2002-03-19 on buffy
Windows XP, Cygwin

Anders