Re: How to get new mail without leaving Summary buffer?

From: Steinar Børmer
Subject: Re: How to get new mail without leaving Summary buffer?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:23:03 +0200

napofrog wrote:

| While in a summary buffer, I'm trying to get new mail into it without
| exiting the summary buffer.  I was under the impression that this is
| what '/ N' is for.

Yes, indeed.

| But whether or not I have gotten new mail from the server with 'g' in
| the Group buffer, the only thing that '/ N' ever does for me is to
| remove everything from the current summary buffer except for the
| message that the cursor is currently on.  What should I be doing
| instead?

I have no idea since `/ N' behaves like it should for me.  If new
messages have arrived, they are inserted and the rest of the *Summary*
buffer is unchanged.  If no new messages have arrived, gnus responds

"No gnus is bad news".

The *Summary* buffer is not changed at all.

Are you certain you haven't set any variables that influence this?

--
SB