How to get new mail without leaving Summary buffer?

From: napofrog
Subject: How to get new mail without leaving Summary buffer?
Date: 29 Mar 2005 10:53:01 -0800

Hi,

While in a summary buffer, I'm trying to get new mail into it without
exiting the summary buffer.  I was under the impression that this is
what '/ N' is for.  But whether or not I have gotten new mail from the
server with 'g' in the Group buffer, the only thing that '/ N' ever
does for me is to remove everything from the current summary buffer
except for the message that the cursor is currently on.  What should I
be doing instead?

Thanks,

Roger