Re: BBDB and EUDC/LDAP

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: BBDB and EUDC/LDAP
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:28:11 +0200

Le 29 mar 2005, Reiner Steib s'est exprimé ainsi :

> Don't hold your breath.

Yep, i had noticed after my  former message that this modification is now 14
months old :/

> Unless there is a change in the  policies, No Gnus will not be merged into
> Emacs  22. You'll  probably  have to  wait  for Emacs  23.  We only  merge
> bugfixes  to the stable  branch (Gnus  5.10.x aka  Oort Gnus)  into Emacs'
> repository.

OK. I  misunderstood that merge policy :  i though that there  was defined a
periodic update from Gnus CVS to  Emacs CVS, not only with bugfixes but also
features.

> This  is not  a bugfix,  so I  wouldn't install  it in  the  stable branch
> without Lars' okay. But as this particular change is very limited, you may
> ask Lars whether it is okay to install it in the stable branch.

Well i don't  actually ask for such a personal favor...  And surely there is
also some other features that i could find useful.

Instead maybe you could tell me a recipe to update Emacs cvs with Gnus cvs ?
I have  already a local checkout  of Emacs that i  update/build regularly. I
could also checkout Gnus. Then ?

I could patch emacs/lisp/gnus with gnus/lisp directory and so on ? Maybe you
have a batch script for such update ?

TIA.

--
Sébastien Kirche