Re: Position of mail in *Groups* buffer

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Position of mail in *Groups* buffer
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:37:01 +0000

Joe Fineman writes:

> What is the reason for this curious behavior?  Is it possible to get
> the mail "group" first in the list?

If you're not using topics, just C-k the nnml group, and C-y it on the
top of the list.

> Also, is there an easy way -- short of naming away .newsrc -- to
> tell Gnus, this time, just to bring up my mail & not bother with the
> newsgroups?

  (gnus-no-server) should be enough.

You could also assign levels to your groups with S l. Then

  C-u [level] gnus

will activate the groups that are below [level].

If you set your nnml groups to level 3 and your nntp groups to level
4, then C-u 3 gnus will show you your mails, and C-u 4 gnus will show
you mails+news.

--
Bastien