Re: Position of mail in *Groups* buffer

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Position of mail in *Groups* buffer
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 18:25:53 +0000

Reiner Steib writes:

> Just little correction:
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Levels") ]
> |    It is recommended that you keep all your mail groups (if any) on
> | quite low levels (e.g. 1 or 2).
> `----

Any hints about the "why" ?  I don't see any justification of this in
the manual.

So far I've been setting mail groups at different levels - including 3
and 4 - and everything works quite well.

*Except* that, from time to time, new mails are marked as old mails
(it happens in very large mail groups and even with mail groups at
level 1 & 2)...

Could this strange behavior be related to the above recommandation?

--
Bastien