Re: Position of mail in *Groups* buffer

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Position of mail in *Groups* buffer
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 03:19:42 +0000

Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> writes:

> I rashly tried this -- rashly, in that I do not know the meaning of
> the phrase "using topics".

See (info "(gnus)Group Topics")

> C-k got rid of the nnml group, but I couldn't bring it back, even
> after doing toggle-read-only.

Did you try to copy the nnml group with C-y as i mentionned?

> I tried pasting the line back in, but Gnus couldn't see it -- it
> kept saying there was no group on the line.

What about `j' in the summary buffer?  Then you enter the name of your
group - e.g. "nnml:mail.misc" - and toggle subscription with `u'.

> Now, Gnus downloads my mail as before, but I can't read it within Gnus
> -- I have to go to ~/mail/Mail/misc.  Restarting Gnus, or Emacs, does
> no good.

In fact.  Your mails are still in the mail.misc group, you just need
to subscribe to this group again.

If you can't find it by jumping on it with `j', list killed groups
with `A k'.

> Can someone help me get back to normal?

Hope this help... (i feel guilty about the C-k hint, but i don't know
any other way to rearrange groups order)

--
Bastien