Re: jed -> gnus newbie

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: jed -> gnus newbie
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 08:38:06 +0100

notbob <notbob@nothome.com> writes:

> Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:
>

>> Well you can use
>>
>> (setq user-full-name "NOT BOB")
>> (setq user-mail-address "notbob@myplace.org")
>
> Holy freakin' crap! ...thanks, Glyn.  Gawd, I thought I was never
> going to find those variables ...well, actually I still haven't, but I
> know what to look for now and it seems to work.  I posted to a test
> ng ok.

Works here too - bravo!

> Again, thanks.  Sometimes emacs documentation is so vast and emacs so
> complex, one gets completely lost in it.

It's a whole new world!

The Emacs Wiki is a _very_ useful site:-

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki

And for all those lovely packages which ensure that you will _never_ have
to leave Emacs ever again ............

http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/sje30/emacs/ell.html

> I'll need it.  No, jes kidding ...I'm doing ok.  I've finally reached
> the point where I no longer need to use other apps while just
> diddling around in emacs.  I can stay in emacs for many of the things
> I do.

That's the spirit :-)

atb

Glyn