Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:57:46 -0400

The easy ones to me...

Martin Jørgensen <unoder.spam@spam.jay.net> writes:

> 3) How to mark all messages as read? In future sessions, I would also
> like only to see threads with new messages... That's how my
> thunderbird is set up now...

'c' from either the summary buffer or the appropriate line in the
group buffer.  By default, Gnus will only show new messages.  (FAQ:
how do I get to to show old messages?  C-u RET from the group buffer
will do it.)

> p.s. Well, I still need to learn to post with gnus

'a' from the summary buffer.  Edit the message buffer appropriately,
then 'C-c C-c' to actually post.  'F' will follow-up to the current
post with history.

  --dzm