Re: Thread limiting

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: Thread limiting
Date: 27 May 2006 11:41:16 +0000

Some entity AKA "Guillaume R." <raimondeau@gmail.com>
 wrote this mindboggling stuff:

(selectively-snipped-or-not-p)

> "Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size"
> I can connect to the server, seeing my group but when I type RET in the
> group buffer to go in one of this group I've got this error.
> Do you know what does it mean?

there are inbuild restriction settings within elisp to controle the
use of system-resources,

in my .emacs.el these settings are set to:
; (custom-set-variables
; ...
;'(max-lisp-eval-depth 2400)
;'(max-specpdl-size 6400)
; ...)

these can be set to other values than the deafaults, which are rather
conservative.

Cor

--
I do not use Windows (tm) therefore I do not fear mail from strangers
If everything else failed to satisfy you, try reading The Frign' Manual