help with posting style profile

From: cliff barnes
Subject: help with posting style profile
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:48:18 GMT

Hello, I have two problems to solve with my Gnus program.

Problem 1:
I have in my .gnus file a line similar to this:
'((".*"

         (name "cliff barnes")
         (organization "Wentworth Oil" ))

However, although a Usenet posting will show the 'from' as 'cliff barnes', when the message is opened to be read, below the 'from' is a field called 'sender' - which actually shows the user name and host name of my pc!!

My question is how can I set this to a null value or even another name - without of course changing my unix user account name.

Problem 2:

I only read / post to 3 newsgroups. I want to maintain 3 different posting profiles for each group I post to. I would be grateful, if you can show me how to do this, by specifying in full- the newsgroup name.

eg

1. alt.music
        (name "singer")
(organization "record company"))

2. soc.culture.policy
(name "presidential")
(organization "white house"))

3. rec.arts.games
(name "fun")
(organization "cards"))

Can you show me the right wording to make each of these unique example profiles automatically kick in whenever i post to one of these newsgroups? Ideally, i would like the default "." to work if i posted to any group other than these three.

Am I trying to use posting styles for something its not set up for???
I'm not sure at all :(
Thanks for reading and any help you can give me.