Re: help with posting style profile

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: help with posting style profile
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:31:36 +0200

,----[ (info "(gnus)Oort Gnus") ]
| New features in Gnus 5.10:
| [...]
|         * Gnus no longer generate the Sender: header automatically.
`----

If you can't upgrade, try adding (sender . disabled) to
`message-syntax-checks':

(eval-after-load "message"
  '(add-to-list 'message-syntax-checks '(sender . disabled)))

> Problem 2:
[...]
> 1. alt.music
>       (name "singer")
> (organization "record company"))
>
> 2. soc.culture.policy
> (name "presidential")
> (organization "white house"))
>
> 3. rec.arts.games
> (name "fun")
> (organization "cards"))
>
> Can you show me the right wording to make each of these unique example
> profiles automatically kick in whenever i post to one of these newsgroups?
> Ideally, i would like the default "." to work if i posted to any group other
> than these three.

(info "(gnus)Posting Styles"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

> Am I trying to use posting styles for something its not set up for???

No, this is exactly the purpose of posting styles.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)