Re: gnus-summary-scroll-up scrolls one page instead of one line

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-scroll-up scrolls one page instead of one line
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:56:18 +0200

Hi Reiner,

> Sorry, I don't see any obvious changes in src/ChangeLog and
> lisp/ChangeLog.  Please report it on emacs-devel or emacs-pretest-bugs
> (M-x report-emacs-bug RET).  Preferably, try to reproduce the problem
> with the bundled Gnus version (5.11).  Be sure to do this on a
> different account or HOME directory, because downgrading Gnus may lead
> to problems.

I tried it on my test account, and all worked fine. But I was able to
locate the source of the problem. Fasten your seat belts -- one
customized face is causing the trouble!

(custom-set-faces
 '(mode-line ((((class color) (min-colors 88)) (:background "darkred"
:foreground "grey" :box (:line-width 1 :style released-button) :height 0.8
:family "helvetica")))))

If I commend out this line, scrolling works as it should. With this line
I can reproduce the bug in both No Gnus and 5-11.

> FWIW, I can't reproduce the problem, neither with my usual settings
> nor with a very minimal setup (neither with No Gnus nor 5.11).

Could you try to reproduce it with my `custom-set-faces'?

I'm going to report the bug via `report-emacs-bug' anyways.

Bye and thanks,
Tassilo