Re: gnus-summary-scroll-up scrolls one page instead of one line

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-scroll-up scrolls one page instead of one line
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:20:16 +0200

Hi Reiner,

> A proportional font for `mode-line' has been suggested recently in
> some newsgroup or list.

Yep, that was Kim Storm's answer
(<mailman.7811.1160142023.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>) to my question
on gnu.emacs.help.

> Have you changed the face `mode-line' recently, i.e. there's probably
> no recent relevant change in Emacs or Gnus?

Yes.

>> If I commend out this line, scrolling works as it should. With this line
>> I can reproduce the bug in both No Gnus and 5-11.
> [...]
>> Could you try to reproduce it with my `custom-set-faces'?
>
> ":line-width 1" seems to be the culprit (the default is -1, see
> `faces.el').

I can confirm this. Changing the box width to -1 fixes the problem.

>> I'm going to report the bug via `report-emacs-bug' anyways.
>
> You may Cc ding (it's possible that the bug is in Gnus).

Sorry, too late. The message still waits for approval on the pretest
mailing list.

Bye and thanks,
Tassilo
--
          "Emacs is not a development tool but a way of life."
                - David Kastrup in alt.religion.emacs -