Re: Changing ispell dictionary

From: leandro noferini
Subject: Re: Changing ispell dictionary
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:17:03 GMT

Sven Bretfeld ha scritto:

[...]

> >> (setq gnus-posting-styles
> >>       '(("emacs-liste"
> >>     (address "sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch")
> >>     (eval (setq ispell-local-dictionary "american")))
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > If I try the same I get this error:
> >
> >    Errore: Expected language "en" but got "it".
> >
> > What's wrong?
>
> I suppose that you don't have the correct dictionary installed. "it"
> is Italian, I believe this to be your default language and probably
> the only one you have installed. "en" is an additional dictionary
> teaching aspell to understand English. If you are under Debian you
> have to install the package "aspell-en" which contains British English
> and American.

Yes, I  use Debian but I  have installed correctly  aspell aspell-it and
aspell-en:

leandro@janni:~$ dpkg -l aspell*

[...]

ii aspell 0.60.5-1 GNU Aspell spell-checker
ii aspell-en 6.0-0-5.1 English dictionary for GNU Aspell
ii aspell-it 0.60.20060723ds1-1 The Italian dictionary for GNU Aspell

[...]

--
Ciao
leandro