Re: msmtp and multiple smtp servers

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: msmtp and multiple smtp servers
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:06:03 +0100

Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo <no-spam@gnu.org> writes:

> Richard G. Riley em gnu.emacs.gnus escreveu :
>
>> Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo <no-spam@gnu.org> writes:

>>> (setq smtpmail-auth-credentials "~/.authinfo")
>>
>> This doesn't work with multiple accounts on the same machine from what I
>> can gather and is useless if you use a function like fs-change-smtp (google)
>> which sets smtpmail-auth-credentials based on the from field.
>

> why not?

If I knew I wouldn't be asking here.

I tried the solution here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusMSMTP

What happens is that gmail smtp servers replaces my "from" email with
the one matching the first authinfo entry for "smtp.gamil.com".So When I
send an email using one of a couple of posting styles the recipient sees
the "id1@gmail" as the from instead of "id2@gmail" despite the fact that
msmtp had the from correctly set as id2@gmail in the .msmtprc file.

It is all quite confusing.

Any help appreciated.