Re: IMAP problems

From: Bill
Subject: Re: IMAP problems
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:35:20 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 9:08 am, Bill <wsharri...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   If I can figure out how to point Gnus to my old mail structure, is
> it safe to subscribe to these cygwin structures (G d?) and then move
> or respool the files into my traditional structure?

A bit more reading (the *info* page called General Variables in 22.1
and 21.3.1) showed that Emacs changed the meaning of HOME between the
two versions.  In the older one, it seems to default to C:/; in 22.1,
it has a different default.  In the *info* page "G.4 HOME Directory on
MS-Windows," it seems to look for a HOME variable first, and that is
already set by cygwin. Since there's no .emacs there, it fails and
moves on without loading a .emacs, I presume (if it hadn't found HOME,
it would have done what I wanted and checked for .emacs in C:/).

Should I give up and move everything into HOME (aka c:/cygwin/home/my
name/ -- yes, it has a space :-(  ), or is there a way to tell Emacs
22.1 that it should look in C:/ even though HOME is defined by cygwin
as a different location?

Thanks,

Bill