Re: IMAP problems

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: IMAP problems
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:22:38 +0100

On Thu, Nov 29 2007, Bill wrote:

> I installed 22.1.1, and it came with Gnus v5.11.  I copied over my
> .emacs and .gnus, but it stumbles on the (require 'gnus-load) in my
> .emacs.  I can't tell if that's required or not, but it's certainly
> not there (at least a search doesn't reveal it).
[...]
> Any tips for getting going?  Is gnus-load obsolete in 5.11, or do I
> need to recreate it somehow?

Moral of the story (continued):

Read GNUS-NEWS file as well.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Oort Gnus") ]
|         * `(require 'gnus-load)'
|
|           If you use a stand-alone Gnus distribution, you'd better add
|           `(require 'gnus-load)' into your `~/.emacs' after adding the
|           Gnus lisp directory into load-path.
|
|           File `gnus-load.el' contains autoload commands, functions and
|           variables, some of which may not be included in distributions
|           of Emacsen.
`----

As you *don't* use a stand-alone Gnus distribution, you don't need
`gnus-load'.  HTH.

I didn't read all your other posting completely, but my impression was
that you solved all the mentioned problems now.  If not, please ask
again, maybe better in separate threads.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)